Party Design and Event Planning for every occasion

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Place cards

This past month has been busy to say the least. I have attended two Weddings, a Baby Shower, Graduation party and have yet another Baby Shower to attend this coming weekend! So many parties, so many great elements of design!

This past weekend I attended a beautiful Wedding where the Bride and groom did most of the decor themselves. She made these adorable place cards out of card stock and added lace, pearls and buttons to make them look very ornate.

Earlier in the month my baby sister got married and we came up with the idea of using fruit for her place cards. Her color scheme was lime green and yellow and everything was eco friendly "green". The place cards were made from minature limes cut in half for the base and recycleable card stock printed with the guests' name and table number glued to a stick inserted in the lime. They were very unique and complemented her theme beautifully.

I began thinking back to all the different place cards I have seen and used over the years at the different events I have attended.

I once attended a wedding where the place cards were wrapped Tobolerone chocolate bars printed with the guests' name and table on it along with the couples' theme, "All you need is Love". A unique and delicious alternative to the ordinary.

For my own Wedding I did not want to do the traditional place cards so instead I used minature martini glasses I found at Ikea (gotta love Ikea) and filled them with pink pillow mints ( our color scheme was Pink n Black). On the base of the glasses I used heart shapped "glass markers" made from card stock that I purchased online and printed each guests' name and table name on them. It complimented our Vegas wedding perfectly.

I have seen everything from seashells to candy used as a place card. You name it, it's probably been used. I always love coming across a new idea for one and will be on the look out for some to use at future events.

Here are a few pics of place cards I have used...




No comments:

Post a Comment